Orthopedic surgeries come forth as a challenging and stressful task for patients. While living with pain is not the solution, patients often stress out due to the fear of surgeries. Here, the advanced medical technology of the NAVIO Robotic Surgical System comes into play.
The NAVIO Robotic Surgical System is a computer-assisted navigation system that aids orthopedic surgeons in performing joint replacement surgeries with a high degree of precision. The system relies on 3D imaging and advanced robotics to help surgeons accurately plan and execute procedures, resulting in better patient outcomes. This Houston robotics-assisted knee replacement solution is a game-changer for ortho patients.
In this article, we will cover some vital aspects of the NAVIO Robotic surgery system for your better understanding.
Components of the NAVIO System
How does the NAVIO system work? With the help of the components mentioned below-
- Robotics Platform: The core of the NAVIO system is a robotic platform that includes a computer workstation, advanced software, and a robotic arm. Surgeons interact with the system through the workstation.
- Handheld Instrument: The handheld instrument resembles a surgical tool and is used by the surgeon to collect real-time data during the procedure. It communicates with the robotic arm and assists in mapping the patient’s anatomy.
- Navigation Software: Specialized software provides real-time feedback and assists in planning the surgical procedure. It integrates patient-specific data, enabling the surgeon to make precise cuts and placements.
Applications of the NAVIO System
The NAVIO Robotic Surgical System is primarily used in orthopedic procedures, such as:
- Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA)
- Partial Knee Arthroplasty
- Total Hip Arthroplasty (THA)
Benefits of the NAVIO System
The NAVIO robotic system is accompanied by several benefits, some of which are mentioned below-
- Improved Precision: NAVIO provides surgeons with sub-millimeter accuracy, reducing the risk of errors during surgery.
- Minimally Invasive: The system allows for minimally invasive procedures, resulting in smaller incisions, less tissue damage, and quicker recovery times.
- Faster Recovery: Patients often experience shorter hospital stays and faster recovery compared to traditional surgery.
- Reduced Complications: The precise nature of NAVIO-assisted surgeries can lead to fewer complications and a lower risk of revision surgery.
- Longevity: Improved implant placement can extend the lifespan of joint replacements.
The NAVIO Robotic Surgical System is a cutting-edge technology that has revolutionized orthopedic surgery. To know more about this procedure or reap its benefits, get in touch with your nearest orthopedic surgeon today!