If you possess a specific skill set, providing consulting services is a great way to earn a lot of money.
A website must be built before you can launch your new consulting service. Consulting is an excellent method to earn a living.
Everything you need to know about creating a WordPress website for your consulting business will be covered in this article.
Why should consultants use WordPress when building websites?
You have access to several website builders and content management systems, but not all of them are equally functional and user-friendly for beginners.
You have already found the ideal billing and invoicing software, the best task management software, or CRM Software, but still have no idea what to choose to build your website on?
WordPress is the world’s most widely used content management system (CMS).
Since WordPress is open-source and quite popular, there are many tools that non-designers may utilize to quickly and easily create a stunning website.
Let’s look at a few more reasons why WordPress is the most refined platform for anyone wishing to create an attractive website quickly.
1) WordPress doesn’t require any design expertise
The first consideration while creating your website can be that you don’t want it to appear amateurish since you’re a consultant and not a designer.
You may install and alter a ton of the free themes provided by WordPress for consulting websites. Simply browse the list of themes, select the one you like, turn it on, and add your content.
Here are a few brief guidelines on choosing a free WordPress theme.
- Open your WordPress dashboard and log in.
- In the menu on the left, select “Appearance.”
- When you place your cursor over “Appearance,” a drop-down list of alternatives will appear. Select “Themes.”
- You will be directed to the “Themes” page by WordPress. A few pre-installed themes will be visible if any of these topics appeal to you; excellent! Start by activating it. If not, click “Add New Theme” to look for another theme.
- Once you’ve chosen a theme, move your mouse over the appropriate theme box until the word “Activate” appears.
- Press “Activate.”
P.S. it is not only the website design that matters. As a consultant, you will be working with tons of information and data, so make sure to include WordPress data visualization tools, too.
2) Using WordPress is simple
To make your site run the way you want it to, the dashboard is simple to use, and you can install a theme and activate plugins easily.
After installing WordPress, you have two choices for designing your website.
You can adhere to the WordPress Site Builder instructions to get started. With the help of the WordPress Site Builder, you can set up your home page, add a contact page, create an about page, add content, alter the site’s appearance, launch it, and voila! Now you can let the world know what a first-class business consultant you are.
You can choose not to use the WordPress Site Builder and instead select a theme, make new pages, include your menus, and design the website if you want more flexibility and have a little more knowledge.
3) Plugins with pre-written code help WordPress to operate
Recall that WordPress is an open-source software system? This implies that third parties can produce plugins, or tools, for WordPress that add functionality.
In other words, you can search for a plugin and add that pre-coded plugin to your website rather than developing code to make your website do something.
As an illustration, suppose you want to enable others to share your articles on the internet and publish a blog on coaching vs. consulting on your website.
You don’t have to delve into your website’s code to include social sharing instructions. You only need to locate a social sharing plugin, install it, turn it on, and enter your social media handles.
Here’s how to incorporate a WordPress plugin into your consulting website.
- Enter your WordPress login information.
- Pay close attention to the options on the dashboard’s left side.
- Locate “Plugins.”
- Finally, click “Add New” after moving your cursor over “Plugins.”
- To find a useful plugin, type a term into the search field or use the menu to browse through popular plugins.
- Click “Install Plugin” after locating the plugin you want to use.
- Press “Activate” to turn on the plugin.
- For help customizing your plugin, refer to the instructions.
4) Creating Consulting Plans is Easy
You can now create various consulting service memberships. Click MemberPress > MemberPress > Add New to open the design form and begin. You can name your first plan here.
When setting the price, you can choose whether your subscription will have regular billing or a one-time fee. If you want to persuade new members to try out your platform before committing, you may offer a discounted or free trial period or an option to easily schedule appointments for newcomers for free.
Next, navigate to the Membership Options section by scrolling down:
You can customize more complex features like payment options and access URLs.
A growing number of professionals make a living by providing their knowledge to businesses and private clients. You can fully manage this idea by creating a consulting website that offers exclusive content to the people who require it most.